Credo Targets Hyperscale Data Centers & Telecom with Multiple New Line Card Devices
Advanced 100G Serdes Technology in Sparrow 800G Gearbox & Heron 1.6T Retimer/Gearbox Supports Advanced Networks at up to 112G/lane
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220308005594/en/
Credo Targets Hyperscale Data Centers & Telecom with Multiple New Line Card Devices (Photo: Business Wire)
Line cards are critical elements of the network backbone. When the line cards are enabled by the performance and power improvements in the Sparrow 800G gearbox and the Heron 1.6T, which operates in both retimer and gearbox modes, customers are able to tackle the increasing demand for bandwidth at the network edge.
“Credo’s core value in developing products is to deliver high-speed connectivity solutions with improved power and cost efficiency,” said
Sparrow 800G Gearbox Key Features
- Industry leading low power 112G to 56G gearbox functionality
- Support for 8x112G to 16x56G configuration
- Futureproof design for 25.6T and 51.2T switches designed for 400G front panel connections
Heron MR 1.6T Retimer/Gearbox Key Features
- Low-power 112G per lane retimer with 800G and 1.6T retimer configurations
- Supports Active Optical Cabling (AOC), Active Electrical Cabling (AEC), pluggable optics and Direct Attach Copper (DAC) cabling
- Enables 30dB medium reach (MR) for chip-to-chip and midplane applications.
Credo provides SAI (Switch Abstraction Interface) drivers for these devices to support seamless integration with SONiC, FBOSS and other Hyperscale operating systems.
The Credo Sparrow 800G Gearbox is now available in production quantities and the Heron 1.6T Retimer/Gearbox is available in sample quantities to qualified customers. To learn more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credo is a leading provider of high-performance serial connectivity solutions for the hyperscale datacenter, 5G carrier, enterprise networking, artificial intelligence, and high-performance computing markets. Credo's solutions deliver the bandwidth, scalability, and end-to-end signal integrity for next-generation platforms requiring 25G, 50G, and 100G signal lane-rate connectivity for 100G, 200G, 400G, and 800G port enabled networks.